Collection, Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information
We are the Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare (ABN 24 629 376 672) (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘CFECFW’). We have been appointed to administer, manage and evaluate an Australian government funded program, known as ‘Switch to Social’ which creates a new pathway for degree qualified career changers to move into the children and families services sector (‘Program’).
This form includes 3 parts: a privacy notice, a personal information consent form and a media consent form. Please read this form carefully before signing it. If you do not understand any part of this form or wish to seek clarification about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, please contact us on (+61) 3 9614 1577 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
PART 1: PRIVACY COLLECTION NOTICE
This notice describes how we collect, use and disclose your personal information as a participant of the Program in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’).
Types of personal information collected
The type of personal information we collect includes (but is not limited to) your name, date of birth, country of birth and gender; your contact information such as your address, email address, phone number, your photo identification, which may include your Driver’s License, Passport details, Medicare, Birth Certificate, Bank Card, Passport, School Card, tax file number, English language literacy and numeracy; education and employment information including your educational background and qualifications, educational qualifications and school history, academic qualifications, education transcripts, scores or other evidence, employment status and history, position title, resume, work experience or other relevant employment information, statutory declarations of self-employment, visa details, special interests, disciplinary actions relating to professional misconduct matters; details about your career aspirations; any disabilities you have, impairment or long-term conditions; your country of birth, citizenship, residency status, refugee and asylum status, language/s spoken; your identification as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin; your financial information including information personal income, wage information, receipt of other Government benefits and payment information (e.g., bank account details); your caring responsibilities; your preferred means of communication; information that will help us support you under the Program; information that will help us to understand how helpful the Program is for you and the value of the Program generally; race or ethnic origin; political opinions or associations; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership or associations; sexual orientation or practices; criminal record; health or genetic information; some aspects of biometric information (including photographs and voice or video recordings of you); and/or your next of kin or designated emergency contacts.
We need your consent in order to collect, use and disclose your sensitive information.
Collecting your personal information
By collecting your personal and sensitive information, we are able to interact with you; verify your identity; respond to your requests or inquiries; provide you with information and resources about the Program and our services; provide you with appropriate assistance that may be available to you under the Program; assist you in your career planning and provide you with a pathway to move into a social work career in the children and families services sector; assess your suitability to participate in the Program and undertake graduate study opportunities with an educational institution for the purpose of obtaining relevant qualification in the children and families services sector; contact you about your participation in the Program; provide access to education, training, practice guides, webinars, tools, information and news, educational institutions to support workforce development, information exchange and collaboration; assess your vocational status, educational and training needs to move into a social work career in the children and families services sector; assess whether our services and the Program is suitable to your needs; promote our services and the Program; to provide and manage our Services and the delivery of the Program to support you; to evaluate and monitor our services and the Program more generally; inform you of available educational and training opportunities, financial subsidies and/or support services; provide information and support for job readiness to work within the children and families services sector; offer you specific, personalised and relevant vocational training and educational information and services which will enhance your qualifications and career opportunities in the children and families services sector; liaise with related entities and third party service providers for the provision of the foregoing services to you and of facilities, such as data processing and storage, to allow us to effectively offer you our services; manage and administer the resources, information or services we provide to you, including the provision of educational and training services to move into the children and families services sector; prepare and deliver documents to you as required for the administration of our services and the Program; comply with the requirements of funding bodies as part of a funding agreement with us; comply with our statutory, legislative, legal or contractual obligations; undertake research for analytical, training, and analytical purposes in relation to the Program.
We will collect personal information directly from you as we interact with you from time to time when you complete an application or registration form (whether electronic, online or hard copy); you correspond with us by contacting us, requesting information or making an enquiry via our website, our social media, by phone, email or mail; you meet with us in person; you register for our services, or an event or webinar; you participate in the Program; when you provide scan/photocopy of your photo identification or a document demonstrating your qualifications; you participate in a survey; you submit personal information via our website or social media channels (for example, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo and LinkedIn).
However your personal information may also be collected by us from a parent, guardian, family member, previous or current employers, nominated referees for employment purposes, educational institution, support service provider, an information service provider, publicly available sources, Australian government agencies and departments, non-government agencies and private organisations, your referees, external recruitment or labour hire company, criminal records check provider, medical provider or professional adviser, or any other person, agency or organisation which may be able to contribute information relevant to your suitability to participate in the Program.
If your personal information (including sensitive information) is not collected, we cannot ensure that we are able to perform our functions, provide you with the appropriate assistance to our services, support your request(s) or be able to assess you as being suitable for the Program.
Who we may disclose personal information
Your personal information (including sensitive information) may be used and disclosed by us for the purposes outlined above, during and after your participation in the Program. It may be disclosed to our volunteers, employees and related bodies corporate; educational institutions and vocational training bodies; community and government agencies, Australian State and Territory government departments and agencies; regulatory authorities, as required or authorised by law; our professional advisors (e.g., accountants, auditors, and lawyers); contractors or external service providers used by us in relation to the Program and for our general operations (including IT service providers); law enforcement agencies, including (but not limited to) the Australian Federal Police and State and Territory law enforcement agencies; researchers or others working directly with us in connection to our services or the delivery of the Program; your employers and prospective employers; recruitment agencies; Ministers and their offices, members of Australian parliaments, and parliamentary committees; any other person, agency or organisation which may be able to contribute to information relevant to your suitability to participate in the Program; your nominated next of kin; and/or third party service providers that you have directly authorised to receive your personal information.
You can withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information by contacting us as detailed above.
PART 2: YOUR DECLARATION AND CONSENT
By signing this form below, I declare that:
- I have read and understood this document and agree to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information (including sensitive information) in accordance with the Privacy Collection Notice above, including the reasons for the collection and ways in which my personal information may be collected, used and disclosed.
- I understand my personal information (including sensitive information) collected by the CFECFW in connection with the Program may be disclosed to third parties and that for the purposes of reporting on and managing the Program and responding to critical incidents this may include the disclosure of my health and medical information.
- I understand that if I consent to the disclosure of my personal information (including sensitive information) to overseas third-party recipients, Australian Privacy Principle (APP) 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures of my personal information (including sensitive information) pursuant to APP 8.2(b). I understand this means the CFECFW will not be required to take reasonable steps to ensure the relevant overseas third-party recipients do not breach the APP and if the overseas third-party recipient handles my information in a way that breaches the APPs, the CFECFW will not be accountable under the Privacy Act and I will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
- In providing my consent, I understand that countries outside of Australia do not always have the same privacy protection obligations as Australia in relation to personal information (including sensitive information). This means I may not be able to seek redress for breaches of my privacy in these overseas jurisdictions.
- In providing my consent, I understand the relevant overseas third-party recipients, subject to foreign laws, could compel the disclosure of my personal information (including sensitive information) to a third party, such as an overseas authority.
- Having read and understood the above information I consent to the disclosure of my personal information (including sensitive information) by the CFECFW to any relevant overseas third-party recipients on the basis that such disclosure is for the purposes of administering the Program.
- I understand that the CFECFW may wish to carry out research in connection with the Program. I consent to the CFECFW disclosing my personal information (which may include sensitive information) to third parties (such as universities and global bodies) for research purposes related to the Program and to such third parties contacting me for research purposes related to the Program, using the contact details I provide to the CFECFW.
If you do not consent to the disclosure of some or all your personal information (including sensitive information) to overseas third-party recipients by the CFECFW; and/or third parties for research purposes related to the Program, please notify the CFECFW as soon as possible.
By inserting your name electronically and selecting the check-box next to ‘I agree to use electronic records and signatures’, you:
- can access, read, understand and accept this Privacy Notice and Consent Form (Part 1: Privacy Collection Notice and Part 2: Your Declaration and Consent);
- intend that the electronic copy of this document so signed will constitute an executed original counterpart; and
- consent to the execution of this document by electronic means and you intend to be bound by the electronic signature.